The deadline for the submission of abstracts approved by the participant’s Anesthesiology Program Director or his designee is March 31st, 2017, no later than 11:59:59 PM (EST.) To ensure the initial acceptance of your abstract, please adhere to the following formatting guidelines. In an effort to improve the quality of abstracts, these submissions will now be graded and incorporated into participants overall evaluation. The abstract criteria is:
- Abstracts must be single paged.
- Font: Times New Roman, size 12.
- Margins: Left = 1.5 inches, all others = 1 inch.
- Include complete title in bold.
- Limit the use of special font effects to “bold,” “underline” and “italics.
- Contact information (e-mail, phone and fax) for the presenting author must be displayed immediately below the title of the abstract.
- Images not included with the abstract submission may be included in the PowerPoint Presentation.
- Provide 2-3 bibliographical references as part of the abstract.
- State, in the body of your e-mail, your presentation’s format (case report vs literature review vs original research)
Submissions to GAARRC (both abstract and PowerPoint presentations) will be considered as “accepted” upon receipt; however, all works received will be presumed to have undergone review by the corresponding program director or his/her designee. Residents are responsible for seeking all necessary assistance to create the high-quality works that make GAARRC a fruitful and meaningful learning experience.
Abstracts will be submitted only in MS Word. Documents will be accepted by e-mail only at FLAGAARRC2017@mayo.edu
Power Point Presentation:
PowerPoint presentations are due no later than at the point of conference check in, on April 7, 2017. Conference check-in will begin at 3 pm. At the audiovisual desk, provide a flash drive containing your presentation. The flash drive will be returned to you. LCD projectors will be available on site. Participants will be allotted 10 minutes for a PowerPoint presentation, followed by 3 minutes of questions.